The choice of the parties has always been an important topic, addressed by a number of players and leading authors. In poker your goal is to maximize your rate of gain and to achieve this, we must know which part to play. Sometimes, reducing somewhat the issues may be more beneficial if the parties are very difficult to limits that you play normally, and sometimes even made up the stakes may be advisable if the parties are very soft.
However, the choice of parties in multi-table tournaments has rarely been addressed. The main reason of course is that you know who will be your opponents. There are many important factors that determine your profit potential in a given tournament.
The quality of players
C’est naturellement le facteur le plus évident. En général plus le buy-in est élevé, plus le niveau global des joueurs est élevé, même si ce n’est pas toujours le cas !
The qualifying satellite tournaments
Most major Sunday tournaments have use of satellite parts to help players to qualify. Some tournaments night of the week too. So despite the buy-in higher, these tournaments are much more profitable than a tournament does not offer qualifying satellites.
The tournament structure
More structure is interesting, it is more profitable for the best players. However there is a limit. If the structure is too long you tend to interest played two tournaments with a weak structure that take as much time with a tournament structure long.
For example, a tournament with 180 players, which lasted more than 8H, this is not the best performance that could be found. Even if the structures in turbo tournaments are not extraordinary, they can be beneficial to the best players. What you give up early in a tournament with a weak structure, subsequently compensate you against players who do not play well with rugs. What counts at the end of the day is your hourly earnings.
The number of players
Generally the more players the more the opposition is weak. However there is a “cost” when there are many players. Plus a good player in a tournament progresses, the more benefit increases. Good players take advantage of the bubble dynamics include rugs when they reached a place paid exploit their opponent when the game is shorthanded and finally when the best seats are at stake, they are far superior head to head with their opponent average.
If you dispute regular tournaments with at least 1000 players, you will not participate much or final tables where you could use your superior talent against your opponents. If you participate in tournaments 150 to 200 players, you will reach many more final tables and you’ll most often alone.
The poker site
Some poker sites are harder than others. May have generally found that some secondary sites have weak players compared to larger sites, especially if they also offer a casino or sports service paris.
There are slight differences in rake between sites. However rebuy tournaments are perfect for play buy-ins higher cost. Rebuy tournaments not charge a rake on the initial buy-in. Also a rebuy tournament with $ 10 a rake of $ 1 is slightly cheaper than a $ 30 tournament with a rake of $ 3.
Many sites guarantee prices. Sometimes, these guarantees are not based on buy-ins because there are not enough registered players in the tournament. This gives you an instant profit on your money.
The number of tables that you play
All the best tournament players play more tournaments at a time. You can increase your profit by increasing the volume of games played. There are not many tournaments at least $ 1,500 but you can invest this money in several tournaments.
The first thing you must determine is how many tables you can play together effectively. For some players this may be four, for others it may be eight. Then you can determine which are most profitable.
Here are some things you should consider:
- Rather than playing all the tournaments with many participants try to play in tournaments not counting that 100 to 300 players to have better opportunities to take advantage of your opponents end.
- Search tournaments with immediate benefit does not depend on buy-ins.
- Open accounts on a few secondary sites
- Take advantage of rebuy tournaments. Some players who play in tournaments freezeout at $ 30 and $ 50 did not compete in tournaments with $ 10 rebuy. Rebuy tournaments are perfect for climbing limits while avoiding some of the best players. Beware, however this is not the case with the highest limits. On the Internet, it is usually on tournaments $ 100 – $ 200 rebuy that it faces the competition tougher.
- Be careful not to play more tables than you are capable.
- If you like to play tournaments with buy-in of at least $ 100 and you have a limited pool of money, choose them carefully. A $ 30 tournament with rebuys may be more beneficial to a tournament with $ 100 rebuy for causes formidable adversaries that can find. Avoid the Sunday tournaments with higher buy-ins that do not have parts for satellites themselves qualify.
- Some argue Sit’n Go head to head to train for those times when you’ll head to head in a tournament.